Monday, January 19, 2009

A Chance Encounter

Yes!! I am still alive and haven't fallen completely off the face of the earth. :)

I've been spending most of my winter break making a mad dash to 80, leveling like a mad woman. It has been fun but I have pit stopped at 78 to slide back into college mode and level when I get the time. Today I got home from work made some lunch and logged on to talk to some friends and see who had control of Wintergrasp. Alliance did. (sigh) Well there is always mining in Sholazar Basin! I've gotten my mining up and have been making some nice money, and what better place than the Basin to stop by for some easy node finding.

Another thought crossed my mind as I was chugging along on my slow flyer. Why not just scan the spawn points for Loque'nahak? I was never one of the hunters that wanted a spirit beast from the start. I have been very happy with my wolf and my warp stalker and never really felt the need to find another pet. When I quested in Zul'Drak I helped out Har'koa and in turn Har'koa helped me....a very cool npc indeed! This sparked some interest in the spirit beast for the first time. I flew out not expecting anything but put Motomo in the stable just in case. I went about business hitting each of the spawn points, and holy crap there he was! I had to do a double take, and I also noticed that there was a night elf druid in my company as well.

Thankfully the druid did not interfere and I dove down right away, laid a freezing trap and frantically hit tame. It was unlike any feeling I've ever experienced in game before...and I am sort of embarrassed to admit it. My hands were shaking and heart pounding and I had just tamed this crazy sought after pet. I have come to realize now just how special the spirit beast really is, and it really feels like a great achievement for a hunter. I never could really understand why everyone was so excited and ecstatic about this beast but now I understand. It took me awhile but I am on the spirit beast bandwagon! :) He is a beautiful pet and a powerful one at that! I also realize that I was really lucky to find him...very very lucky. So fellow hunters on Daggerspine if I see Loque I will be sure to let you know!

No comments: